New To The Industry
If you are new to the trucking industry, by now, you realize that there are many criteria’s that must be met not only for operation but before your operation begins.
Here are a few things to mention and some questions you might have that will provide you with some insight as to the requirements mandated by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration.
- Who is subject to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations?
- How much insurance do I need?
- Who will be held accountable for all the compliance issues?
- What are the rules for Hours of Service?
- Are there any exemptions?
- What does Operating Authority mean?
- Am I required to know what the regulations are?
- What files to I need to maintain and for how long?
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations can be difficult to understand at times. There are various interpretations for each section but even so, you are required to be knowledgably of them.
Motor Carrier Safety Analysis can assist you and your company prepare for a New Entrant Audit when you apply for your Operating Authority. Having all the required information at the time of the audit will prevent delays in getting your operation underway.